terms and conditions
By signing our reservation form or clicking “I Agree” on our website, you agree to the following terms and conditions: ParadorLLC, operating the website EuropeForTheFamily.com, (“we,” “EFTF,” or “us”) arranges the trip described or named in our reservation form (the “Tour”).
1. Reservations and Payment: You must be 18 or over to sign up for the Tour on behalf of a family. A deposit of 25% of Tour Cost and a completed reservation form are required to reserve space on the Tour. Upon receipt of the form and your deposit, we will confirm your trip in writing; however, we reserve the right to decline to accept any prospective participant. If you are declined to participate, your deposit will be refunded in full. Final payment is due 30 days before Tour start date. Payments can be made by all major credit cards. If we do not receive full payment by that date, we may cancel your reservation and retain your deposit.
2. Insurance: Travel insurance is mandatory for our Tours. We have researched several companies whose insurance includes Covid- related delays and changes. You can find them listed in our FAQ. At least 14 days before the Tour start date, you must provide us with proof of coverage extending until 12 hours after your return. Your insurance must cover personal injury, medical treatment, repatriation, and evacuation expenses. We also recommend that the insurance cover personal property and trip cancellation. Cancellation insurance may be the only means of receiving reimbursement for flights and other non-refundable expenses in the event the Tour is canceled, postponed, interrupted, rescheduled, for any reason, by you or us. Please note that most companies offering travel insurance require the policy to be purchased within 14 days after the initial trip deposit or payment in order to cover pre-existing conditions or to provide for “cancel for any reason” coverage.
3. Cancellation by You: If we have not canceled or rescheduled the Tour, you may cancel your reservation under the terms in this paragraph. We must receive written notice of your cancellation via e-mail sent to [email protected] (with a confirmation of receipt from us). The following cancellation, refunding and rescheduling fees apply:
60+ days prior to trip: 100% of trip refundable, including deposit
30 – 60 days prior to trip: 25% cost non-refundable, or reschedule with no penalty
14 – 30 days prior to trip: 50% cost non-refundable, or reschedule with 10% fee
0 – 14 days prior to trip: 100% cost non-refundable, or reschedule with 25% fee
If a flight or other delay for any reason prevents you from joining the Tour on the Tour start date, you will be considered a no-show, and we cannot provide a full or partial refund or credit toward a future Tour, but you may join the Tour late if you wish. Any costs accrued to meet up with the Tour after the start date are at your own expense. Your decision not to travel due to State Department warnings, fear of travel, illness, or any other reason, will be deemed a cancellation.
4. Cancellation by Us: You are entitled to a full refund in the event that: (a) we cancel the Tour; or (b) we reschedule the Tour to a later date, and you do not wish to participate. The postponed Tour will be subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement. We will not be liable for any other costs, damages, or refunds of any kind for any loss, delay, inconvenience, disappointment, or expense whatsoever.
5. Agent for Suppliers: We act as a sales agent for any hotel, car-rental company, tour operator, cruise line, bus operator, or other service provider named in your itinerary or confirmation (“Suppliers”). We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of the Suppliers or their failure to adhere to their own schedules, provide services or refunds, financial default, or failure to honor future trip credits. We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers and no liability for recommending a trip credit in lieu of a refund. We reserve the right to make changes to the Tour itinerary due to Suppliers’ acts or omissions or other reasons beyond our control.
6. Risks of Travel And Release: We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for the acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under our control or any acts of God, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards including pandemics, illness, weather hazards, or the suitability for a disabled person of any portion of any trip. We have no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations.
7. Foreign Entry Rules: You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination or other entry requirements of your destination and your connecting points, and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability and labor or civil unrest at such destination. Many countries require your passport to be valid for six months or more after your date of entry. Some countries will not admit persons convicted of a crime. Some countries require both parents’ consent for minors to travel.
8. Baggage: We are not responsible for, and you are solely responsible for, securing or protecting your baggage and belongings at any time, during any Tour. EFTF is not responsible for any airline company’s fees or policies related to luggage, car seats or strollers. EFTF is not responsible for any damage or loss of luggage, car seats or strollers at any point during the Tour.
9. Credit Card Merchant: We are the merchant on your credit card transaction. Please bear in mind that our services consist of facilitating the sale and paying the Suppliers. If a Supplier does not provide the service or ceases operations, your recourse is against the Supplier, not us. You agree not to initiate a chargeback against us or a refund request that is not authorized by this agreement and to pay any and all legal fees incurred by us in disputing any such claim for refund.
10. Travelers Needing Special Assistance: We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the needs of our travelers; however, travelers needing special assistance for their personal needs must notify us at the time of booking for a determination of what assistance we can reasonably provide. In cases where we cannot accommodate a traveler’s special needs, persons requiring this assistance must be accompanied by a companion who will be responsible for independently providing the needed assistance. We regret that we cannot provide special individual assistance to travelers with special needs for ordinary daily activities, such as walking, dining, etc. and other special needs. In no instance will we or our Suppliers physically lift or assist participants on to or off transportation vehicles.
11. Tour Safety: EFTF plans tours with safety in mind. We do not knowingly put our participants in compromised safety situations. We are not responsible for any acts of theft or attack upon any individual and have no prior knowledge leading up to such events.
12. Tour Behavior: You are also responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the Tour Guide or EFTF Agent during a Tour. We may exclude you from participating in all or any part of the Tour if, in our sole discretion, your condition or behavior renders you unfit for the Tour or unfit for continuation once the Tour has begun. Unfitness may include, without limitation, use of illegal drugs, persistent inebriation, or any behavior that, regardless of its cause, is inappropriate or offensive or interferes with the delivery of Tour services, or may constitute a hazard or embarrassment. In such case, our liability shall be strictly limited to refund of the recoverable cost of any unused portion of the Tour. Should you decide not to participate in certain parts of the Tour, no refunds will be made for those unused parts of the Tour.
13. Medical Proxy: If you are unable to authorize your own medical attention and treatment, you authorize us or our subcontractors or agents to authorize medical attention and treatment on your behalf. You agree to hold harmless and release us or them from any liability for medical attention authorized by us or them on your behalf. We assume no liability regarding provision of medical care or evacuation services. Any of our staff or subcontractors who may provide or seek emergency medical care on your behalf may not have had formal medical or first aid training and are acting only as a Good Samaritan.
14. Claims Deadline and Exclusive Jurisdiction: You agree to present any claims against us within 30 days after your trip ends and to file suit within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. You agree that the federal and state courts in Wisconsin will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or us, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.